Certificate of Independent Legal Advice

Certificate of Independent Legal Advice


A Member’s spouse, who is willing to waive her right to receive Pension benefits after the Member’s death should use the Certificate of Independent Legal Advice to confirm that she has received the proper legal advice prior to making her decision.

Please contact the Plan Administrator for a copy of your form.

Information Needed to Complete the Form

To complete the form, the spouse will need:

  • A solicitor’s signature; and,
  • Spouse’s signature.


This form must be submitted with the Spousal Waiver Form. It confirms that the spouse has received independent legal advice before making the decision to waive his/her right.

Questions on completing the form should be directed to the Plan Administrator.

Completed forms should be forwarded to the Plan Administrator.